Friday, June 24, 2022

Making the old new again.

I've decided to begin writing for my blog again. I have discovered that I enjoy writing.

I will be writing on a wide variety of topics. There will be posts about our farm and homestead. There will be articles about homeschooling and music. I'll sprinkle in posts about our family and the new adventures we're on these days. Sometimes I'll write one time pieces on a topic that I or my children are exploring together.

If you followed me in the past, welcome back. If you're new, welcome!!

A little about me. I've been a wife and mother for almost 16 years now. My eldest will be a sophomore this coming school year!! The saying is cliche, but time really has flown the last few years! I have 4 boys here on Earth and one waiting for me in Heaven. This school year they will be in 10th, 8th, 5th grades, and the youngest will be in kindergarten. We are a homeschooling family. A decision that was made long ago when my eldest began showing signs of being gifted with Autism. In the last 2 years we have begun a homestead on our property. We started with 5 chickens in 2020 and now care for over 20. We added goats in 2021 and rabbits in 2022. We also have the proverbial farm cats. My goal for next year is to get a strong garden built. My children have all been labeled as special needs at some point in their lives. As I mentioned, my eldest has High Functioning Autism. My second son was diagnosed with Insulin-like growth factor deficiency back in 2010 while we were still living in Florida. I could not find a physician in Louisiana who agreed, so treatment was suspended. My third son has Legg-calve-Perthes disease. I'll do a whole article on what that is at a future date. My youngest living son was born 1 month premature. Had a tongue tie that hindered breast feeding. Was labeled "Failure to Thrive". We spent New Years 2017 in the hospital trying to find out why he wasn't gaining weight. He was also diagnosed Deaf at 3 months old. I will complete several blog posts about his amazing journey!

I can't wait to watch this blog return to life and grow!!

Eva Duhon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Making the old new again.

I've decided to begin writing for my blog again. I have discovered that I enjoy writing. I will be writing on a wide variety of topics....